Friday 30 September 2016

Comet Landing [#astronomy]

Celebrate the success of the European Space Agency's (ESA) Rosetta mission to Comet 67P/Churyumov–Gerasimenko.

Today is the day! Today Rosetta mission finally ends, with a controlled impact of the probe on the comet 67P/Churyumov–Gerasimenko. I followed this mission with a lot of enthusiasm, passion, interest, fun... I loved Rosetta and Philae, I loved the videos (HERE the last one). On September the 6th we said our goodbye to Philae, and today the mission ends and we'll say our final goodbye to Rosetta too. I'm sad, but also excited for the very big amount of information that this mission gave and will continue to give us about comets, space, the universe and everything else.

So, I want to share here on my blog a couple of links about Rosetta mission and my "involvement" in it.

Goodbye Rosetta! Goodbye Philae!
My contribution for the Rosetta Legacy project.


This video features a selection of contributions that were shared on the Rosetta Legacy tumblr in September 2016. Al minute 3.04 mine makes an apparition too! :D

Finally, HERE you can follow Rosetta Grand Finale: the streaming already started, they're giving the final commands, and around 13.18 CEST there will be the impact.

Goodbye Rosetta! Goodbye Philae! Thanks for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Shōgun [#books #reviews]

by James Clavell Rating: 9 /10 Only by living at the edge of death can you understand the indescribable joy of life. Mariko