Friday 7 August 2015

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets [review]

by J. K. Rowling

It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. Dumbledore

I don't know how, but listening to the audio version of these books now after all this time makes them seem even more beautiful and exciting than the first time I read them! You could think that when you already know everything the pleasure of reading should be inferior, but when I finish one of these books I can't wait to start the next one, and I'm sure that when I'll reach the end I'll want to start once again from the beginning...

About this second one, what most hit me is the enormous amount of injustice that Harry suffers. The plot, like all sequels, lacks of the "newness" of the first book, but only til a certain point: we, as Harry, are strangers to the magic world, so the discoveries never end!
The setting has a new place, the Burrow, Weasleys' house, a very messy, funny, full of confusion place, that to Harry seems the most beautiful in the world.
We meet some new characters, the very adorable elf Dobby, the unbearable Gilderoy Lockhart and the poor Moaning Myrtle, the ghost of a girl who died in the school.

In short, a pretty awesome number two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

The Rime of the Ancient Mariner [#books #reviews]

by Samuel Taylor Coleridge Rating: 7 /10 At lenght did cross an Albatross, Thorough the fog it came [...]. (Page 21)