Sunday 28 June 2015

Avengers: Age of Ultron [review]

by Joss Whedon

The Avengers
The Avengers
Avengers: Infinity War Part I

I’ve got no strings to hold me down
to make me fret, or make me frown
I had strings, but now I’m free
There are no strings on me!
Ultron (quoting Pinocchio)


I went to watch this movie the very day it came out, but as always, the review comes a lot late! I liked the movie, though (very banal, I know) not as the former.

I like the new entries, expecially the Vision! The Maximoff twins didn't convince me completely, maybe because they're carachter seemed added a little too quickly, without letting us know enough about them, but I liked them neverthless.

The real star of the film, however, in my opinion, is Mjolnir, Thor's hammer, the protagonist of the most beautiful comic scenes!!!! :D Jokes aside, the movie is fun, exciting, full of amazing scenes, great characters, an interesting plot, sometimes predictable but often not at all. I didn't like it as much as the first one, but honestly it's more than obvious why: sequels are usually worse than first movies, and then with superhero for me this thing is even more real than ever because I love the origin-story of the hero, and although with the Avengers is not the same thing 'cause every one of them had that in their own film, in The Avengers we still saw the birth of the group, and I liked it immensely! :)

Last, very negative, note: I knew it, but I've still hoped till the last: Coulson was not in this movie! :(

Quotes

[from IMDb]

Tony Stark: Shit!
Steve Rogers: Language.
(first lines)

I know you're good people. I know you mean well. But you just didn't think it through. There is only one path to peace... your extinction.
Ultron

Tony Stark: What's the vibranium for?
Ultron: I'm glad you asked that, because I wanted to take this time to explain my evil plan...

Tony Stark: We're the Avengers, we can bust weapons dealers the whole doo-da-day, but how do we cope with something like that?
Steve Rogers: Together.
Tony Stark: We'll lose.
Steve Rogers: We do that together too.

As the world's expert on waiting too long: don't. You both deserve a win.
Steve Rogers

This isn't about beating Ultron, it's about proving we're not monsters.
Steve Rogers

Humans are odd. They think order and chaos are somehow opposites and try to control what won't be. But there is grace in their failings. I think you missed that.
Vision

Steve Rogers: But if you put the hammer in an elevator?
Tony Stark: It'll still go up.
Steve Rogers: Elevator's not worthy.
(discutendo con Thor di come solo lui possa sollevare Mjolnir)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Towards Zero [#books #reviews]

by Agatha Christie Superintendent Battle ← Cards on the Table Rating: 8.5 /10 When you read the account of a murder―or say, a fic...